To create empty file with specific size fallow our next steps :
1. Open command prompt. To do that click Start–>Run… and type cmd,
2. Go to drive on which you want to create that empty file using command
cd<name of directory> (with this command you will enter in directory),
CD… (with this command you will exit from directory),
If you are in C:\Windows directory, command cd… will return you in C:\. Use command C: as much is necessary to return in root of partition. You can change partition buy typing capital of that partition (D, E, F, G, H etc.) example: if you are in partition C:\ and you want to go in D partition type D:
3. When you are in root of partition on which you want to create on empty file use next command:
fsutil file createnew FileName Size
4. FileName is place where you can write a name of your new created file,
5. Size is place where you can write a size of you new created file. To calculate a size you can use next formula:
2 GB = 2 * 1024 = 2048 MB * 1024 = 2097152 KB * 1024 = 2147483648 bite
Example: If you want to create file and setup his size on 2GB you should type 2147483648
6. After this empty file will be created on selected partition with name and size which you did setup.
7. We recommend that you restart you computer.