Screenshots of the new Windows 7 build 7025 have been making their rounds on the Internet lately which show a quick launch bar in the Windows 7 taskbar. The quick launch bar looks similar to that of Windows Vista. Here is how you can enable the quick launch toolbar in Windows 7 build 7000 (the Windows 7 beta build).
- Right-click an empty space on the Windows 7 taskbar and select Toolbars > New Toolbar.
- Enter the following path: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- Click on Select Folder
- The Quick Launch toolbar should appear.
- Right-click the Windows 7 Taskbar again and select Lock The Taskbar from the menu.
- Drag and drop the Quick Launch toolbar into the location where you want it to be.
- Select Lock The Taskbar again to lock the Windows 7 Taskbar in place
The result could look like this: